Owner Surrenders - Cats
We’re sorry that you are in a position of having to re-home your cat. At this time, Friends for Life is not able to accept owned cats for surrender. We are a very small, private limited intake facility with only 4 community cat rooms and unfortunately we get far too many intake requests and cannot accommodate them all.
If you adopted this cat from Friends for Life Animal Rescue, please submit the Owner Surrender – Friends for Life Alumni form, or reach out to us at 480-497-8296. You can also email us at email@example.com.
- We would suggest contacting Arizona Animal Welfare League for info on what you need to do to request a surrender appointment.
- Heidi’s Village is a large group in Phoenix and will consider owner surrenders – here is the link for their Surrender page.
- Adopt-A-Pet allows for owners to post their animals to their website when trying to re-home. You can get started here.
- The Arizona Humane Society also has some options on their website – the link is here. They do also offer other resources if keeping the cat is an option – see this link, and it is designed to help connect people wishing to rehome their pets with people looking to adopt – direct adoptions while keeping the cat out of an already overloaded shelter system.
- Fearless Kitty Rescue has info on their website for surrendering a cat, click here.
- Rescuing Animals in Need (RAIN) has info on their website for surrender, click here.
- Desert Paws Rescue has information about owner surrenders on their website, along with other suggestions and resources, click here.
- Home Fur Good has info on their website about cat surrenders, click here.
- Cat A Do Cat Rescue has info on their website about surrenders, click here.
- There is a Facebook page for rejoining owned dogs and cats – if you are on Facebook, post on this page: StraydarAz: Lost & Found/Rehoming/Adoption. Many rescue groups also watch this page and will step in to help if space is available.
- If you need to surrender your cat due to inability to afford veterinary services, the Arizona Humane Society has a Low Cost Clinic, click here.
We hope you are able to find placement.